Thursday, April 16, 2009

apologies.....

I just wanted to log in to say hi and give you an update of what has been going on. After a wonderfully relaxing week in Phuket, unfortunately, I returned to Singapore to suffer an abscess in my cheek and it made my whole side of my face swell. I felt like 'elephant woman'! It coincided with my planned Hong Kong trip so as soon as I landed off the plane I fled to the Dr. He drained as much as he could - I was told to fully drain I would have to be put under General Anaesthesia and it was not worth the risk. Now I'm on a course of antibiotics so as the infection doesn't get worse and crossing fingers + toes that it gets better soon. (I'm also sky high on painkillers...)
I think my vanity gets the better of me sometimes and I have taken to hiding till the swelling has completely gone (Dr's estimate approx one week or so...) however i did venture to meet some girlfriends today whom I want to say a BIG thank you to, for keeping my mood elevated and spirits up. I want to apologise for my mood swings of late- I think its cause my body is in over drive to fight this infection, in turn draining my energy. sorry sorry sorry to those whose heads I’ve chewed off *oops*
I also wish to apologise for not seeing friends on my brief visit to HK also but as you now know it was mostly spend with Drs...
On a lighter note.......I am very optimistic of my upcoming trip on Monday to New York ;-)
If there is any one else around I could do with the company (and perhaps some sightseeing)
No bars or club hoping though!!!
My appointment with Dr Chang is Tuesday 22nd April and I am looking forward to seeing him and meeting his team. This journey to New York will be a positive and fruitful adventure ;-)One I am positive about.
Well, that is all for now my dears.
As always, I am sending you all hugs and welcoming in those positive vibes
Love and kisses
Nic
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment